I remember as a little girl how I loved it when mom came home with those flavored ice pops from the store. We didn’t have A/C back then and this was a real treat in the summer time. But now, I can make my own with Zipzicles by WizCo. Since I’m older now and not really fond of the kid flavors anymore, I figured I would make something the adults would love. French Vanilla Ice Coffee Ice-Pops came to mind quickly.
But first a little about Zipzicle. I was so happy when WizCo contacted me about using their latest product for a more adult recipe. And who doesn’t love ice coffee in the summer time?
These are so easy to use and store. Just make your favorite liquid recipe, pour into the Zipzicle sleeve and freeze. Each pouch has a zip loc closure on the end which really keep messes from happening. They push up so easily too. I love all the different recipes for kids and adults they have on their website. Be sure to check those out. I love the idea of making a bunch of these for a party, take on your next camping trip and I know these would be a great hit at any childs party of after a long game of soccer.
- ½ pound of your favorite ground coffee flavor
- 4 quarts of cold water
- Your favorite French Vanilla creamer
- Your favorite form of sweetner
- In a large container, mix the coffee and water together and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 8 hours to overnight. I just let mine sit on the counter overnight.
- Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher. Pour the coffee mixture into the strainer, allowing the liquid to run through. Discard grounds. I have used coffee filters instead of cheesecloth before for this process.
- Add your creamer and sweetener to your taste and place in fridge until cool.
- Next using a funnel at the open end of the Zipzicle, pour the ice coffee mixture until you get to the full line on the pouch. Close the end and freeze.
- I always have left over ice coffee to enjoy later.
I hope you enjoy my version of French Vanilla Ice Coffee. Its so yummy.
Stay cool and enjoy,
* * * *
I received this product in compensation for a review. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely and entirely 100% my own.