Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins are perfect for not only a quick and hearty breakfast but perfect for an after-school snack and made with no flour.
Blueberry season is in full swing here and my blueberry bush has produced a bountiful this year. I was craving Blueberry Muffins but I didn’t want that much sugar, especially since I am wanting these for breakfast, so I decided to make a recipe with mainly oats for the base.
No flour and no white sugar and some much-needed fiber.
I was so pleased with how these turned out. They aren’t very pretty to look at, but so yummy. Just enough sweetness to satisfy that craving. I wanted to add some pecans but didn’t have any in the freezer. I think walnuts would add a nice crunch also.
Since these muffins are so dense, I used my silicone muffin liners to help them pop out easier. Liners of any kind are a must with this recipe. I found that letting them sit for a few hours after baking made the muffins easy to pop out of the liners. You could also bake them the night before and they will be perfect for the next morning.
These are perfect for a quick breakfast on the way to work or school and not messy with a bunch of crumbs everywhere. Kids will surely love them.
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Blueberries or your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with your favorite liners.
- Whisk together in a large bowl, eggs, oil and brown sugar until dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix until well combined. Stir in oats and baking powder.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 full. Add your favorite toppings to each muffin and push down just a bit so they don't fall off during baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before storing in a container. May also be stored in the freezer.
You May Also Like:
Blueberry Strawberry Muffins
Loaded Banana Muffins
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!