I love giving something homemade to our neighbors and friends for the holidays. What I love about this homemade hot chocolate mix recipe is that it makes a lot. Not expensive, perfect for a small gift for so many on your list.
The perfect packaging is a Mason jar filled with my homemade hot chocolate mix. Pinterest had the printable label and I cut out a circle from card stock for the top of the jar which has the instructions.
I love this old recipe that my Girl Scout group would use when we went camping for so many years. Not too sweet and the perfect amount of chocolate taste.
The recipe does make a lot and is easily stored. I store mine in large mason jars in the pantry, but large plastic bins would work well also.
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 21.8 oz box Nestle Nesquik
- 16 oz instant coffee creamer
- 1 cup powdered sugar (you can adjust this to taste)
- 4 tbsp of dark cocoa powder (optional)
- Mix all of this together in a VERY LARGE serving bowl. Fill large mouth jars, use a canning funnel with large mouth jars. This recipe will fill 4 quart large mouth jars and part of a pint jar. I usually put dark cocoa powder in this mix because we like a richer cocoa.
- Add 3-5 heaping tablespoons of mix to a cup of hot water and stir well.
Things I used to make this recipe:
* * * *