Its almost Valentines Day and I was wanting to make something with a red color for breakfast and to share with our Fantabulous Valentine’s Day Favorites board. I came across my Blueberry Strawberry muffin recipe and I knew that would be perfect. I love making something a little sweet for my hubby.
What I really love about this recipe is the berry’s don’t fall to the bottom of the muffin. The batter is rather thick and that is what helps hold them in “place”. The topping on these are what really add that flavor. Just enough sweetness to make these a great muffin. A perfect time to make these now since its strawberry and blueberry season. Fresh fruit in the muffins.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped to small cubes
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries and strawberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine’s Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme this week is Favorite Valentine’s Day Recipes. Be sure to check out all the great recipes shared at the end of this post! You can also link up any family friendly Valentine’s Day post you have on the linky at the bottom of this post!
Here are the Valentine’s Day posts that each host provided for this blog hop. Please go check them out!
Still want more? Head to our Pintabulous Mom’s Valentines Day Board!
We would love you to link up any Valentine’s Day post that you have. (They do not have to be craft/diy posts, but we would ask that it would be family friendly.) This linky will stay open until February 14 so that you can continue to come back and add your Valentine’s Day posts. We would love it if you would like to get our button to remember to come back or to put it on your party page, but it is not a requirement!