A simple Blueberry Strawberry muffin recipe to use fresh berries in. Perfect for guests or for any gathering.
What I really love about this recipe is the berry’s don’t fall to the bottom of the muffin. The trick is to put your muffins in a bowl and stir them will a bit of flour. The batter is rather thick and that is what helps hold them in “place”. The topping on these is what really add that flavor. Just enough sweetness to make these a great muffin. A perfect time to make these now since its strawberry and blueberry season. Fresh fruit in the muffins.
Blueberry Strawberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries and strawberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with a fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Items I use to make this recipe:
* * * *
You may also enjoy these
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!