It’s fall and the taste of pumpkin, nutmeg and pecans are calling me to make something yummy to enjoy. How about the best tasting Pumpkin Bread recipe, I think, you will every want to bake.
This is one of those recipes which seem to turn out good every single time I make it. Its so moist and fall just explodes in your mouth. The best part is the smells it sends through out the house. I’ve made it with and without pecans or with walnuts. Its still good.
I really love the beautiful color of this bread. Its so good warmed up a bit in the microwave with a bit of butter and a nice cup of coffee for a late night snack.
You can also make these in the smaller bread loaves and pass out for a Fall Bake Sale or to a new neighbor. Its just that good to pass along.
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pecans.
- Whisk together pumpkin, the next 2 ingredients and ⅔ cup of water. Slowly add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with a wooden toothpick by inserting in the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean then the bread is done. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pans. Let completely cool before storing in freezer.
What I love the most about this recipe is you can find canned pumpkin on sale and pecans are easy to find every where. I love picking up fresh pecans during the fall.
Items I used to make this recipe:
* * * *