It’s fall and the taste of pumpkin, nutmeg, and pecans are calling me to make something yummy to enjoy. How about the best tasting Pumpkin Bread recipe, I think, you will ever want to bake.
This is one of those recipes which seem to turn out good every single time I make it. Its so moist and fall just explodes in your mouth. The best part is the smells it sends throughout the house. I’ve made it with and without pecans or with walnuts. It’s still good.
I really love the beautiful color of this bread. Its so good warmed up a bit in the microwave with a bit of butter and a nice cup of coffee for a late night snack.
It’s just that good to pass along.
What I love the most about this recipe is you can find canned pumpkin on sale and pecans are in season during the fall and easy to find. I miss having a pecan tree grove nearby to pick my own.
The Best Pumpkin Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pecans.
- Whisk together pumpkin, the next 2 ingredients and 2/3 cup of water. Slowly add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with a wooden toothpick by inserting in the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean then the bread is done. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pans. Let completely cool before storing in the freezer.
Items I use in this recipe:
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!