Make this easy dish with leftover Thanksgiving turkey for an easy and yummy casserole dinner.
I have to admit that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. You get to see family and enjoy a wonderful meal together. But, what about all those leftovers. There is only so much you can do with leftover turkey meat.
Turkey sandwiches are good, but after a while, the meat will get so dry after sitting in the fridge or freezer for a while. That’s why I decided to make my own cheesy good casserole with the leftovers.
Nothing fancy. Really easy and with a jar of alfredo sauce, you will have dinner on the table in about an hour. A recipe that’s been around for ages, but never gets old.
I normally take all the turkey that’s not used for sandwiches, shred it, store in a freezer reusable bag. I also add a freezer label on the bag and store it in the freezer for up to 3 to 4 months. The freezer labels I use are removable for easy cleaning. This casserole could also be made and stored in the freezer. I love these casserole dishes with lids for the freezer.
Even though I normally make this recipe around the holidays, it is equally delicious year-round. If you don’t have turkey on hand, you can use rotisserie chicken or cook up a couple of chicken breasts! I will freeze shredded chicken often to make meals easier to make.
Serve this up with a garden salad and some crusty bread for a perfect meal!
Easy Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 10 to 16 oz ziti pasta
- 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 to 3 cups leftover turkey shredded
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside. Take off 1 or 2 minutes from the cooking time suggested.
- Mix together Alfredo sauce, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a pot. Stir constantly while letting all that goodness heat up and melt together. Add shredded turkey.
- Lay all the pasta in a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of pasta and then pour Alfredo and turkey mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the top just starts to turn a golden brown.
Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
Hash Brown & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Easy Spaghetti Casserole
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!