I love it when I serve a meal to my hubby and he replies with, “I’m so happy you cook for me!” Music to my ears.
Creamy Alfredo Bake is by far one of my hubby’s favorite things to eat and this recipe happened by mistake. Isn’t that what most really good recipes come from??
It’s so easy to make and really hardy meal the whole family would love. I love serving this with a salad and garlic bread. You could also change up this recipe by changing the pasta style or use gluten-free pasta, adding chicken or make your own Alfredo sauce from scratch.
Trying to keep the fat content down, I use low-fat sour cream because I was really just looking for the flavor. Hubby didn’t even notice. And that’s a good thing
- 1 box 10 to 16 oz ziti pasta
- 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside. Don't overcook the pasta.
- Mix together Alfredo sauce, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a pot. Stir constantly while letting all that goodness heat up and melt together.
- Lay all the pasta in a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of pasta and then pour Alfredo mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the top just starts to turn a golden brown.
This recipe will soon be a staple in your family and for guests too. Easy to make ahead, bake and serve.
Items I use to make this recipe:
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!