An easy baked spaghetti casserole recipe which the whole family will love and surely become a favorite! It’s kid-friendly, quick, and uses basic ingredients everyone will love.
The first time I made this recipe, it was an accident. I was craving spaghetti so badly and I didn’t have the ingredients to make my homemade from scratch version. But, I did have the sauce from the jar and a few other simple ingredients.
This recipe has become a staple in our home and my husbands absolute favorite meal to eat. I have made it several times for family members which everyone enjoyed. My brother even asked me to show him how to make it. He doesn’t cook!!
Serve with a salad and your favorite baked bread and you have a meal your family will ask for more and more. I have also made this recipe and put in the freezer. I have a casserole dish with a plastic lid that is perfect for this. Be sure and use freezer labels to help to remember when you made it and what the casserole is.
Easy Spaghetti Casserole
- 12 oz Spaghetti
- 1 lb Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 24 oz Favorite jar of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions minus 1 minute. Don't overcook the pasta. Drain. Place in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In the same pot, brown the ground beef or ground turkey and onions. Leaner ground beef produces much less fat to drain. Add sauce, stir and cover. Let cook for about 10 minutes until fully heated.
- Spoon beef mixture over spaghetti and top with cheeses. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take off foil and bake until the cheese is melted to your desire. Take out of the over and sprinkle with basil or parsley. I do let the dish sit for a few minutes to make it easier to serve.
You may also enjoy:
Easy Turkey Tetrazzini
Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole
Sweet Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!