If you love carrot cake, you will love the taste of these Carrot Cake Muffins. So moist and such a great flavor for the fall.
I love fixing all those great smelling foods for Easter Sunday dinner, but what if you have family staying with you and need something quick for that morning. So, keeping with the theme of Easter when it comes to food, why not make Carrot Cake Muffins.
Hubby and I love this recipe just as muffins with no cream cheese icing. Want to make it cupcakes? Just add your favorite cream cheese icing recipe or use mine below. This recipe will make 24 regular size muffins. I will make a batch and put most of them in the freezer for later. I love what the applesauce and pineapple do for this recipe and it seems the longer they sit, the better they get. It’s just like eating the best carrot cake but in muffin form.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup pecans optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl until well-mixed. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and oil with the sugar and applesauce. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir well. Blend in the milk and mix in the crushed pineapple, carrots and nuts.
Spray muffin pan with baking spray or use cupcake liners and fill ¾ full of batter, using a cookie scoop.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes and pipe of spread frosting on each muffin.
- Freeze: When completely cool, put muffins on a cookie sheet and flash freeze for a few hours. Put frozen muffins in a container or baggie. If using the frosting, mix and serve after the muffins have been defrosted.
1 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened, 5 tablespoons butter, softened, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cup confectioner’s sugar. Beat the ingredients until smooth, about 5 minutes.
* * * *
You may also enjoy these
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!