I can’t wait for fall to get here because it gives me a great excuse to make all my favorite fall recipes. One of them is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
The first time I saw this recipe I couldn’t believe it didn’t have any butter in it and there were chocolate chips. Yummy!! I knew I would use the dark version of chocolate chips in these muffins. Hey, I can always use a bit of help with antioxidants and they taste good too.
Even though these are so good right out of the oven, I love popping them in the microwave and adding just a bit of butter on it. These are great to have when you have company. Especially Thanksgiving weekend. And you can usually get the canned pumpkin on sale this time of the year also.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 16 ounce cans pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil yes, 1 1/4 cups
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small bag of chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth. Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes.
I used dark chocolate chips
Items I used to make this recipe:
You may also enjoy these
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!