Easy to make your own taco seasoning to always have on hand. It will also save your money and you know what ingredients are used.
I love the south of the border taste and why not make that flavor with so many dishes. This is perfect on nachos, in stuffed shells and any other South of the Border dish. I store this is the small jelly jars with chalkboard Mason Jar tops to label them easily.
Here is my version of Taco Seasoning Mix that I use in so many recipes.
- 2/3 tablespoon paprika
- 2/3 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1/3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- Combine together in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!