Oh wow its been hot and there is nothing better to beat the heat then something cool to drink or eat. I was eye balling a couple boxes of chocolate pudding the other day and decided to get out the experiment cap and try a new recipe. And so, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Coffee Frozen Pudding was born.
My hubby loves ice cream, but loves pudding just as much. Easy to make and the sugar free version keeps that sugar intake down in our household. For 2 boxes of instant pudding, you use 2 cups of milk but I decided to throw in the left over coffee that day. There was just a hint of coffee flavor in the finished product and if you love that taste, then go for it. If not, then just use the regular 2 cups of cold milk. If you do use the coffee, make sure its cold.
You could also use any instant pudding for this recipe. There are so many great flavor combos out there, but then I would think if it went with the coffee flavor.
- 1 (3.9 oz) packages of Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
- 1 (3.9 oz) packages of Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup cold coffee
- ¼ cup of peanut butter chips
- Cool Whip (optional)
- Mix pudding, milk and coffee until thick, about 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a container or individual serving dishes and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped topping.
I also found out that you needed to let this thaw just a bit to spoon it out of the container or just freeze in individual containers. The small mason jars would make a great container.
* * * *