This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
If you are like me, when it comes to making dinner, I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I want to spend time with the family and enjoy our evenings together. So, I choose recipes and meals I know will be wholesome, tasty and quick! One of those recipes is Herbed Pork Pasta.
What makes this meal quick is making it in an electric pressure cooker and what makes this meal so tasty is using fresh herbs, simple ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry and the perfect cut of meat.
While at Walmart, I noticed the Smithfield All Natural Pork Tenderloin which I found in the pork section of the meat department. The perfect cut of meat for this recipe since pork loin is naturally lean. Smithfields All Natural Fresh pork is raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families and is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. I love that since hubby and I are trying to stay away from all the chemicals found in food today.
Lets begin making a quick and tasty meal:
Cut the meat into bite size pieces and set your electric pressure cooker to Saute. When the pot if fully heated, add the meat and olive oil and brown the meat on all sides. TIP: Don’t add the olive oil while the pot is heating up because it will smoke. While the meat is browning, chop up the onion, celery, and carrots. Add to the pot and saute for a couple of minutes. Next, add the garlic and stir. Always add garlic last so that it doesn’t burn from overcooking.
TIP: You can cook the meat ahead of time in the electric pressure cooker to save time in preparing.
Turn off the Saute setting and add the next ingredients in the pot and stir.
After the lid is securely put in place and the vent is put in the “sealing” position, touch Manual and change the time to 35 minutes. While the sauce is cooking, prepare your noodles according to the instructions on the box. When the beeper goes off, release the pressure carefully with the steam valve. This is called a quick release which takes a couple of minutes or less.
Pour the sauce over the pasta and top with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve with a nice loaf of French Bread. The meat is fork tender and so juicy. A hearty quick and tasty meal and clean up is quick with just one pot.
Check out the video below for another great Smithfields All Natural Fresh pork recipe:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- ½ C chopped celery
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pound of pork loin, chopped in
- 2 - 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 1oz of concentrated beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ C whipping cream
- 6 large black olives
- 3 tbs chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 - 16 oz box of penne pasta
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbs of freshly chopped basil
- Turn the electric pressure cookerto Saute. When hot add olive oil and meat. Cook until done on all sides. Add chopped vegetables and saute for a couple of minutes. Then add garlic.
- Add the next 8 ingredients and stir. Touch off on the electric pressure cooker panel and place lid on top.
- After the lid is securely put in place and the vent is put in the “sealing” position, touch Manual and change the time to 35 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare your noodles according to the instructions on the box.
- When the beeper goes off, release the pressure carefully with the steam valve. This is called a quick release which takes a couple of minutes or less.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and top with shredded Parmesan cheese
Don’t Forget to Pin Me
* * * *