I’ve been a Mason Jar lover since I was a small child. My mom and the women of our family would meet at my great-grandmothers house to can food every season. Jellies, beans, relishes, more beans and my favorite was Chow Chow. A tasty and tangy relish made from cabbage, onions, green tomatoes and hot peppers. I love it on chili and navy beans. A family favorite.
My job was to stand and wait for the lids to “pop” then I would know the jars were good. I couldn’t wait to take ours home and help my mom stack them in the kitchen cabinet. I was always in aw of all the pretty colors of food in all those jars
I haven’t canned in years now since there is just the two of us, but I still love having Mason Jars around the home. They are so versatile and can be used for just about anything. Below is a “short” list of some of the Mason Jar accessories I use and want to purchase in the future.
- Mason Jar Pour Lid – A must for every home
- Mason Jar Salt & Pepper Lid
- Solar Mason Jar Lights – Love these outside on the porch
- Mason Salad Jar – Great for work
- Mason Jar Galvanized Feeder Base – Gotta have these for the chickens and birds
- Mason Jar Converter Tops
- Mason Jar Soap Dispenser – Perfect for the guest bathroom
- Mason Jar Screen Dome Lid
- Solar Mason Jar Lid Insert – Perfect for steps where its dark
- Juicer Lid for Wide Mouth Mason Jars – Always in my kitchen
- Mason Jar Tea Light Candle Holder Lids – Perfect for an outdoor party or wedding
- Mason Jar String Light Garland – Love these in my lanai
- Mason Jar Metal Straw and Lid – Spill proof
- Mason Jar Colorful Lids – Perfect to top off a cute Mason Jar gift
- Mason Jar Storage Caps – Use these to store my homemade yogurt in the fridge
- Mason Jar Wire Handles
- Mason Jar Jackets – My next purchase
- Mason Jar Drink Lid
- Mason Jar Light Converter – Perfect for a small light on a desk
- Mason Jar Honey Dipper Lid
- Mason Jar Herb Saver Lid – A must if you grow your own herbs
- Mason Jar Infuser
- Reusable Chalkboard Lids for Mason Jars – Use these at my Tea Station and they do wash off nicely
I hope you found something you may need or may want to gift to someone in the future. I will be purchasing the Jar Jackets for sure.
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!