I’ve been told I love to ramble on, so why not pass along some of my ramblings from this past month.
Raise your hand if you have had one of those weeks were things just aren’t working out.
This has been my week:
- The freezer in the garage has ice all on the bottom of it.
- The microwave door broke,
- The freezer in the kitchen decided to shoot water out from the ice maker and when I opened the door, it looked like a frozen waterfall in the back.
- The car won’t start and needed a new battery to replace the 3-year-old new battery we had. The place where we had to go to exchange the battery because it has a 5-year warranty is closed because they aren’t deemed essential! ? Thank goodness Mr. G knows how to change a battery and we bought a battery off the shelf.
- We had a flat tire. Well, not really a flat tire. The tire basically exploded as we were going down the road. Two new tires later, we are back on the road.
Lets talk summer
I wanted to share one of my favorite beauty products I use during summertime. I really don’t like to wear heavy foundation/makeup when it’s so hot outside because it just seems to melt off my face when I walk outside in Florida heat. But I do love Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer with SPF18. It’s very light on the skin and I can’t tell I’m wearing anything at all, but has a tint of color. It comes in 7 different colors and I wear Light/Medium for my fair skin. It’s just enough coverage for fresh-looking skin.
Mr. G has been working on a new garden flag for our front yard out of sheet metal. It turned out wonderfully. The only part I contributed was cutting out the vinyl stars with my Cameo. You can read how this is made HERE. He made the flag basically the same as the Pallet Flag using the same paints but this time we used a small piece of sheet metal instead of wood.
My favorite summer items
I love this simple patriotic pot display that’s so easy to make and perfect for the holiday. I found this inspiration and how to make this project at Southern Hospitality.
Happy Independence Day to all my US friends!
MONTHLY RECAP OF POSTS
- Clever Ways to Store Your Garden Hose
- Patriotic Red, White, and Blue Mason Jar Crafts
- Happy Birthday $50 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway (Still time to enter)
- How To Reupholster An Old Office Chair
Friend to Friend
A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden – Unknown
Just ramblin’ on,
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!