An easy peanut butter cookie recipe the whole family will enjoy and never know there isn’t any flour in them.
I love baking cookies for Mr. G, my very own cookie monster, especially his favorite Peanut Butter cookies.
We have both been eating less and less white flour, but we do love something sweet now and again. And these cookies really fit the bill of no flour and are really easy to make. If you are looking for a gluten-free sweet cookie, try these. Even if you aren’t concerned about gluten in your food, you will still love these.
The dough is rather thick, but using a cookie scoop makes it so easy to place on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. After I lay them out on the cookie sheet, I take a measuring cup I used to make the recipe and flatten the cookies just a bit. It will help them flatten nicely.
You must let these cool completely on a cooling rack before storing them or they will crumble and fall apart. I found that out the hard way the first time I made these because I just had to have a bite and the whole cookie fell apart.
These cookies are so nice and chewy instead of being crunchy like the average peanut butter cookie recipe. I am not a fan of peanut butter cookies, but these are so good. Especially with the dark chocolate chips in them. I get my dark chocolate chips from Aldis which has 62% cocoa in them. It helps tame down the sweetness of the cookie.
This recipe will surely satisfy your family’s cookie monsters.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first 5 ingrediants.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop on the prepared baking surface, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie slightly. I use the back of my measuring cup. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then completely cool on wire racks so they don't fall apart easily.
- Store in an air tight container.
You May Also Like:
Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!