Hubby and I love to watch the Super Bowl and since I haven’t had a pony in that game since the 80’s, I still enjoy all the excitement in the game and festivities.
Each year a couple of neighbors, hubby and I will rotate who has the Super Bowl Party. There are 3 couples total and there are 4 different fan teams involved every year. Of course, one of neighbors team has been in the Super Bowl so many years now its getting disgusting!! And of course, his team is my teams biggest rival. We did beat them though this year!! hehehe But thats what makes the game so much fun every year. And of course, I am a huge fan of the commercials.
And what football party would you host if there wasn’t the classic nachos.
Here is my favorite and go to recipe I take and is always asked for.
Trying to keep down fat and not using beef, I love making Chicken Taco Nachos. Very easy to make and oh so good. Make sure you have enough ingredients because these will be asked for all during the game. I cook my chicken in the crock pot or Instant Pot usually do quite a few breasts so I can use some for my recipe and store the other in the freezer. Cooking them in the crock pot or Instant Pot means I don’t have to stand over them to cook and can take care of other things, especially if I am hosting the party.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- 8 oz Monterrey jack cheese
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce
- Tostito chips
- I cook my breasts in the crock pot and keep in the freezer but they can be boiled or baked and then shredded. I mix the shredded chicken with taco seasoning.
- Lay out the tostito chips on a baking dish, add shredded chicken and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted. Top with sour cream, cilantro and taco sauce if desired.
One other thing I do to make this dish special is to make my own Taco Seasoning.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ txp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and store in airtight container. I usually quadruple this recipe.
Items I used in this recipe:
I am enjoying more and more having my own mixed seasonings in my pantry instead of something I can get from the store and I have no idea whats in it. All the spice ingredients for the Taco Seasoning is pretty much a pantry staple.
* * * *