Do you have a garden busting with green peppers and not sure what to do with all of them? Try this stuffed green pepper recipe.
My green peppers are really producing right now and one of my favorite recipes to make with them is Grilled Stuffed Green Peppers. These are so yummy for any time of the year, but they just get another kind of flavor from the grill. If you don’t have a grill, you can always bake them like traditional stuffed green peppers.
I use the long skinny version of green peppers for this recipe. Especially if you are wanting to make these for appetizers for a party. These are also great to make ahead and take camping or tailgating. You will also want to cut this lengthwise to stuff which helps them lay better on the grill and cook better than the traditional way of making stuffed green peppers where you just cut the top off and then stuff.
Such an easy recipe for simply cutting and cleaning the peppers, stuff with the mixture and grill. Jalapenos may also be used but be sure to get rid of all the seeds or they will certainly be hot!
- 4 - 6 long skinny green peppers
- 1 pound of your favorite sausage
- 8 oz. package cream cheese (or light cream cheese)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- Wash the green peppers and cut in half. Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Brown the sausage and mix with the cheeses and garlic powder.
- Stuff each pepper to the top.
- I usually put a piece of heavy-duty foil on the grill and lay the peppers on that or you can use a Veggie Grill Basket. This helps your peppers from burning. Grill until the cheese is melted and the peppers looked cooked. Time is different for each grill.
Items I used to make this recipe:
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!