An easy sweet classic candied pecan recipe made with a few ingredients. Perfect for gift giving and treat for the holidays.
There are a few recipes that have been handed down to me I cherish, but these Candied Pecans are my favorite.
We always had an abundance of pecans from the fall and my dad would sit for hours cracking the nuts for us to use in our recipes. He didn’t mind all the work because he knew in the end that he was going to get a sweet treat out of it.
I remember my mom making them for the holidays and how much my dad loved them. Not too sweet and the wonderful crunch of the pecan.
I love these nuts for a quick snack in the afternoon, great for work, and share at a holiday meal. These would also make a great gift by putting them in a mason jar with a cute label.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk egg white and water together in a separate bowl until frothy. Toss pecans in the egg white mixture. Mix sugar mixture into pecan mixture until pecans are evenly coated. Spread coated pecans onto a baking sheet. I lay parchment paper on the baking sheet to keep them from sticking.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned, 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pecans to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- When completely cool, store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 1 month.
you may also like:
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Honey Cookies
Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!