Skillet Cheesy Meatballs covered in sauce and cheese and made in one skillet. Super flavorful meatballs are comfort food for the whole family.
I love making meals from scratch and meatballs or no exception. It’s basically a meatloaf recipe, but shaped into balls and cooked. The ingredients are simple but the flavor is oh so good. I love serving this over pasta and with a garden salad.
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with your hands. Don’t over mix! It will make the meat tough.
Using a small cookie scoop to grab some of the meat mixtures, drop in your hand and roll to make a small ball. The scoop really helps with making the meatballs the same size.
I mist the skillet with a little olive oil and place a few of the meatballs to cook. I keep rolling them around to brown all over. Set aside when done. The Lodge 10.25″ skillet is perfect for this job and browns the meatballs very well. They will finish cooking in the sauce.
Add the sauce to the empty skillet and let simmer for a few minutes. Add back the meatballs, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes. This will assure your meatballs are fully cooked. Add cheese on top, cover and let the cheese melt.
Sever over pasta with a hearty bread for dipping. I can never leave any sauce on the plate. This recipe also makes a great appetizer too.
Skillet Cheesy Meatballs
- 1/2 cup Italian dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp red wine vinager
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pd lean ground beef
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 24 oz Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz fresh spinach, optional
- 3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh slized basil for topping
- Stir together the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Add egg, onion, Parmesan, vnegar, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add beef and mix together with your hands until just mixed. Using a small cookie scoop, shape meatballs and set on a cookie sheet.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook meatballs over medium heat. Turning them often until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduced heat to medium low and add sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and return meatballs back to the skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh bazil and serve.
You May Also Like:
Easy Crockpot BBQ Sandwiches
Butter Garlic Baked Chicken
Grilled Cornish Hens with Rosemary Lemon Marinade
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!