This low-carb homemade granola is the perfect snack choice or for a better cereal choice in the morning.
When I started eating low-carb, I found out very quickly that oats and my grain cereals were a thing of the past. So, I started looking for a substitute and came upon some great ideas for homemade granola that’s low carb and great tasting.
The main ingredient in this granola is nuts. I used chopped pecans, almonds, and walnuts that I already had in my pantry. I find my nuts at Aldis for a great price all year long. When the holidays start rolling around, I can find them in bulk at Sams. But there are so many other nut options out there to choose from. It’s a good idea to not use nuts with salt on them. I also used butter, Erythritol, flax meal, and seeds.
Easy to mix, bake and store. I store mine in a zip lock bag in the fridge. I’m sure you could store it in a pantry in a tight container also, but because of the butter, you will need to use it up quickly.
I love mine with almond milk and a few berries for breakfast. It replaces cereal that low carb diets can’t have.
Homemade Low Carb Granola
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 6 tbsp Erythritol Sweetner
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed meal
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pulse almonds, walnuts and pecans in a food processor in medium size pieces. Don't over pulse them.
- Add seeds, erythritol and flaxseed and pulse just until everything is well mixed.
- Add the egg white, melted butter and vanilla in the processor and pulse a couple of times. You just want to coat everything. Don't over pulse.
- Transfer the mixture to your lined pan and spread to an even layer. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightelybrowned.
- Let cool completely until it hardens so that you will be able to break into smaller pieces.
- Store in fridge in a container or bag. A serving is a bout 1/2 cup. Serve by itself or with your favorite milk.
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!