Easy to make crockpot chocolate peanut clusters perfect for the holidays and oh so good to eat. Always a big hit with any party or gift.
I have never made candy before. My mom is the Queen when it comes to making the best candy at Christmas time. Sorry, mom for waiting all these years to finally try this.
We recently had a paint job and when we walked into the home, it smelled so good of chocolate. I asked what she was baking and she said she was making candy in the crock pot. Well, the crock pot is my best friend in the kitchen so I had to learn more. She gave me a recipe, I tried it out and it couldn’t have been easier.
Layer the ingredients as listed above.
I didn’t take a picture of the mixture after 3 hours, but it basically looked just like it did when you layered everything at the start. But, when you start to stir it all together, it was very, very soft and mixed very well together.
This recipe makes a lot of these and you could cut it in half for less amount. Since it’s still hot down here in Florida, it took a while before they hardened enough to put in containers. I put them in plastic containers with wax paper between the layers and set in the fridge. I like to eat them a little chilled.
Clean up is very easy if you don’t wait for hours after you have finished.
Crockpot Chocolate-Peanut Clusters
- 2 pounds dry roasted peanuts, salted
- 48 ozs almond bark white chocolate
- 4 ozs semi-sweet chocolate
- 10-12 ozs dark chocolate morsels
- Place all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 3 hours. Don’t touch. Turn the pot off and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Cover a large surface (about 3 square feet) with waxed or parchment paper. Stir mixture completely. Drop by teaspoons full (I used iced tea teaspoons) onto paper. Let harden and store in airtight containers.
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!