Looking for handyman gift ideas for dad. Here are a few “must haves” for your home which is used often for fix-ups.
Fathers Day is right around the corner and for those of you who have a handyman in your family or someone who is wanting to start their collection of tools, this is a great list to start with. And gals, these are perfect for you too. I have my own toolbox with a few tools I need around the house sometimes.
Let’s begin with the basic tools
- Basic Tool Set – The perfect first tools to own to start off with.
- Tape Measure – Large print tape measure is so much easier to see.
- Ratchet Screwdriver – The most used tool we have. I even have a pink version for myself.
- Level – From hanging a picture to hanging wallpaper, there are so many uses for a level.
- Maglite Flash Light – Durable and comes in several sizes. Perfect for the home, garage and car.
- Stud Finder – Easiest way to find studs without putting several holes in the wall.
- Portable Air Compressor for Tires – Keep this in the car and you will never worry about having a flat tire on the road.
- Portable Car Battery Charger – Another item for the car for a quick battery jump.
- Rechargeable Work Light – For the DIY handyman to use and not worry about cords.
- Portable Generator – A perfect solution for times when the electricity goes off.
- Cordless Drill Set – Great for all the DIY projects.
- Dremel – One of my hubby’s favs. You can do so much with a Dremel.
- How To Books – Just learning how to use tools? Having a reference book may come in handy.
- Subscription to Family Handyman – The only magazine my husband reads.
- Bucket Boss Tool Organizer – Saved the best for last. This organizer fits over a 5-gallon bucket and holds so much. We actually have two of these.
* * * *
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!