This post will be about getting your coupons ready for your shopping day. I will tell you how I personally organize my coupons. I know each person will figure out their own way, but this will give you an idea of how easy it can be and not so time consuming.
You have learned where to get coupons and how to organize them.
The store I use 99% of the time is Publix. Anyone who already coupons with them, knows how wonderful they are with the public. The other 1% of grocery shopping I do is at Walmart and Save A Lot. The area I live in doesn’t seem to have really good sales on meat and the place where I can buy bulk for less than $1.99 a pound is Sams.
Here is a break down of my week to prepare to shop on Sunday:
1. Monday – I get an email from MyCouponExpert (she is a local girl who gives us the breakdown of Publix sales and coupons). I scan over the email and see what sales I would like to get. Since I have a pretty good stock pile now, I only buy items which are BOGO and stock up on those items. (BOGO – Buy One Get One Free) I will list at the bottom of this post links to other great websites where you can keep up with other chain stores.
If there are any items that I want to get more than 4 of and I know I will need more coupons, I will go to ebay and see if there are any on sale. Example: I love a certain creamer for my coffee, so when I goes on sale I will buy the coupons on ebay because if I can get a $1.00 off coupon, I will get a great deal and that creamer lasts for about 3 months in the fridge. If I order the coupons on Monday, they are usually in my hand by Friday before I go shopping on Sunday. I usually get about 10 coupons for a couple of dollars. There are many other coupon cutters online. Just do a search for them and most of the time you can find them in your area for quicker shipping.
2. Saturday – I will go back to the blog post showing the sales for this week and start making my list of BOGO’s. For each item, I will clip my coupons. (I hope you read part 2 on how to organize them) I make my list on a 5 x 7 yellow pad. Nothing fancy and it gets the job done cheaply. Here is how I do my listing so I can see how much the original price is and then the price after coupons. I love to total up the final price to see how close I am to the check out person. Since there is no sales tax on food in Florida, I am pretty close most of the time.
I will make sure the coupons match up with how many items I am wanting to purchase, grab my list and place both items in my little coupon holder. And I am ready to shop on Sunday.
I only worked a couple of hours total!!
Here are a few websites I keep up with for sales in different stores in my area. These gals and guys know their stuff and keep their websites updated daily and there are tons more out there. Just do a search for coupon websites for your grocery chain. Facebook is another great way to get instant saving deals.
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!