I love really good Mac ‘n Cheese. Don’t you?
I recently came across a recipe of Mac ‘n Cheese made in the crock pot. Right off I was doubtful that it would be good because I haven’t had very much luck using pasta in my crock pot. I was so wrong!! Very easy to make and served with a salad, makes for a great meal.
Don’t cook it too long or all that gooey creaminess will be gone. The kids will be asking for this dish.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick ) of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Two 10-ounce bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
- Dash of paprika
- In a large 4-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray, mix the macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, butter, salt, pepper, eggs and all but ½ cup of the grated cheese. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Turn off the slow cooker, stir the mixture and serve hot.