Blog Prompt – Is there something in your home that you use for something other than what you are suppose to use it for?
I have been using Coffee Filters for a few odd ball jobs in the past and then I read where you can use them in many other ways.
Coffee filters ..who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Â Dollar Tree for almost nothing.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll
leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China – Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
I will have coffee filters all over the house now.
Its time to post and vote for The Battle of the Creative Teams.
Head on over to DigiscrapAddicts and visit “The Grand Stand” and check out all the excitement and fun. Be sure to have a look in the Round 1 Designers thread and look for Cara Mia Designz. You can find our layouts here.
Voting will start on Mondays and end on Tuesdays at 11:59 PM EST. The public is voting. Each person is allowed one vote per week per category. The score is cumulative week to week and the team with the most points after all four weeks wins.
This week we used 2 layouts from 2 members of our team to scrap lift and we also exchanged pictures.Â Here is mine.
Test out your coffee filters on something new today,
I’m just a country girl loving my geeky life with my wonderful husband, always taking pictures, getting my hands dirty in the garden, being crafty, exploring with travels and enjoying all this on a budget. But above all, living my faith as a child of God!