What a year this has been for not only me but my husband and how God has truly blessed the both of us. I have been reading different books on how to be more productive and they all agree you need to make a goal list. Humph! I considered making lists like we make at New Years, which I was never able to fulfill and what a let down those were. So I stopped.
I am now a true believer on setting goals and that I need to do this starting for 2014. Now that I have seen how making goals and reaching them made such a difference in my life this year, I sucked up my pride and started making a list and also decided to take “baby steps’ on my goals. Reachable goals where I won’t have such a let down if I don’t reach all of them. I also have to remember that reaching just one goal is great!! If I don’t reach the other ones, I will just have to work harder on them or realize they are out of my reach. Also, my goals are always in the hands of God and he is the final decision maker on these goals.
1. Read, learn and understand more about the Bible – This is an ongoing goal for me and I really shouldn’t call it a goal, but my life achievement. Love, helping others and Gods grace in my life and to be a spiritual example of a wife and woman.
2. Listen more and talk less – Really bad habit of mine. I know I do it, but seems I just can’t stop talking when I should be listening.
3. Read more – I just need to read to help my vision and keep my aging brain working and maybe a little bit more knowledge will seep in.
4. Less TV! – I need to say no more about that, except when football season is around.
5. Less sweets – Oh lord I don’t need to even explain what sugar does to a woman who has gone through menopause.
6. Stop with the junk food and salt intake – read #5, but let me just say for the record, I miss junk food, sugar and salt. I love chips, pizza and CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! I keep telling myself to just limit these things. I can still have them, but just not all the time.
1. Take more pictures – How am I going to learn how to use my DSLR camera and all the functions it has if I don’t take a LOT more pictures
2. Work more in the garden – Also an ongoing project, but this year the garden will be a little larger.
3. Paint the outside of the house – Hubby and I use to have a painting business and we painted everyone elses home but our own. Biggest challenge will be picking out a front door color.
4. Work out more – I use to be the work out Queen when I was younger, but then my knees started hurting and the aches and pains of aging started yelling at me all the time and I maybe work out just 1 day a week instead of 3. But I have learned that keeping the joints moving, even if it is just walking more, will help them from hurting. I will give it a go and see who wins. My walking shoes or my knee.
5. Vacuum more – This is by far the job I hate doing the most. Well, except maybe washing the floors. It could be because I use a Rainbow Vacuum. They are heavy, it runs over my feet and I just don’t like pulling the thing. I am so wanting a new push vacuum and lay to rest my 30 year old Rainbow. But the frugal part of me knows it still works fine and I will wait until it dies.
6. Love on Ernest – Our dog is in his final years and I want to be sure to love on him more because I know soon we will have to make that life decision for him. Take him out on short walks more, one of his favorite things to do and let him know when The Mangy Squirrel is in the back yard.
1. Talk about the Bible and God with hubby more – He loves when I ask him questions about those subjects. I see the sparkle in his eyes when he talks about our Lord. He is my best friend in life and I want to learn from him
2. Just spend more time with hubby – Hold his hand, snoogle on the couch, talk more with him, listen to him more and never stop telling him I love him.
3. Have a Date Day once a month – Because we are older, we take Date Day’s instead of Date Night’s. Old(er) people do that!
4. Try new recipes – I always get the weird look from hubby with I tell him I am trying a new recipe. Honestly, he needs healthier meals too, but trying one without him figuring it out is another challenge.
1. Learn new HTML – I know just enough coding to get me in trouble, but I want to learn more to put those special touches on my blog. I know I could have someone do that for me, but with a new blog, the money is tight at first.
2. Set a monetary amount for the year – Starting in January, I will set an amount I would like for my blog to make. It will be very small at first and hope as time goes buy, it will begin to generate some extra cash for our household. I’m not looking for a 6 figure income and I know if God wants my blog to grow, it will.
3. Work on viewers – Start working with other blog groups to increase the viewing and comments on my blog. Reading other successful blogs advice always inspires me. My favorite blogging right now book is How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul). I got this book when she had it on a one day sale for .99 and is the most informative book I have ever read when it comes to blogging for profit. Her life story on how she got to where she is now is something to read. She puts her book on sale often, so keep an eye out for it. It really is worth the read and she is a great example of how she gave her life and work to God and how it changed her life. Please visit her blog at Living Well, Spending Less.
4. Work on content – If the content ain’t good, no one will come. I feel the more I write, the better that gets. I know I don’t use all those fancy words, but I know my writing comes from my heart. So, being real is a goal I never want to loose. Also, starting in January, hubby will be guest posting with me and I am so excited about that. Another reason to snoogle with him at the desk. 😉
I believe these are all reachable goals in my life and can’t wait to see how things are going in a few months. Thanks for letting me go on and on about my goals and I hope you will join and link up with us.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me – Philippians 4:13
What is your most important goal for 2014?
Have a blessed new year,
PS – Hubby read my goals and agrees with #2 of Myself! And he also stated that if that rule is true, then #2 in Marriage needs to get rid of the talking more with him area. He is referring to talking while we are watching a movie or football game. He ain’t right! I love him.