I have a confession. I couldn’t make hard boiled eggs to save my life. They would never come out right. EVER!! I followed several different recipes, but nothing seemed to work and being a southern wife, Deviled Eggs are a staple in our home. The shells would never come off easy and there would be an ugly greenish-gray coating around the egg yolk.
Then the egg angels told me about how I could make them in the Instant Pot. I was very skeptical, but I was willing to give it a try. What could I loose? Right?
I’m a believer now!! They come out perfectly with no greenish-gray coating around the yolk and the shells come off so easily now. I am over the moon happy and make them often since it only takes 6 minutes to make them in the Instant Pot.
Here’s how to make Easy Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot:
I then lay the eggs in the basket. You can put in more than a dozen. Just don’t go over the top edge of the basket.
After the lid is securely put in place and the vent is put in the “sealing” position, I touch Manual and change the time for 6 minutes.
When the beeper goes off, release the pressure carefully with the steam valve. This is called a quick release which takes a couple of minutes or less. Take the eggs and place them in a bowl of icy water for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process.
You can now easily take off the egg shells. No more egg shells poking my fingers anymore.
The yolk is perfectly done with no more ugly greenish-gray coating around the yolk. Beautiful.
I’m in “hard boiled egg” hog heaven now.
When it comes to making Basic Deviled Eggs, we aren’t into anything fancy. I know some like to pipe the yolk mixture on the egg, but they don’t last long enough in my home to go to all that trouble. Maybe when company comes over.
- 1 dozen eggs
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp chopped pickles
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Pour in 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot.
- Place the veggie steamer in the bottom of the pot.
- Carefully place the eggs in the basket.
- Secure the lid and make sure the vent is put in the “sealing” position, I touch Manual and change the time for 6 minutes.
- When the beeper goes off, do a quick release of the steam carefully.
- Carefully place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients above, except for paprika and mix with a fork until smooth.
- Using a small spoon, fill each egg white half with a generous portion of filling.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
* * * *