This week, Tammy from Creative K Kids, Tammy from My Life Abundant, and Stephany from Freshly Squeezed Lemonade have gone together to do a Spring/Easter Blog Hop! You can also link up your own Easter/Spring posts below and we will pin many of them to our Pintabulous Easter/Spring Pinterest Board. Last week we featured some favorite Easter crafts, DIY, and printables; this week we will feature our favorite Easter or Spring recipes!
* * * *
Carrot Cake Muffins
I love fixing all those great smelling foods for Easter Sunday dinner, but what if you have family staying with you and need something quick for that morning. So, keeping with the theme of Easter when it comes to food, why not make Carrot Cake Muffins.
Hubby and I love this recipe just as muffins with no cream cheese icing. Want to make it cupcakes? Just add your favorite cream cheese icing recipe or use mine below. This recipe will make 24 regular size muffins. I will make a batch and put most of them in the freezer for later. I love what the applesauce and pineapple does for this recipe and it seems the longer they sit, the better they get. Its just like eating the best carrot cake, but in muffin form.
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl until well-mixed. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and oil with the sugar and apple sauce. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir well. Blend in the milk and mix in the crushed pineapple, carrots and nuts.
- Spray muffin pan with baking spray or use cupcake liners and fill ¾ full of batter, using a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes and pipe of spread frosting on each muffin.
- Freeze: When completely cool, put muffins on a cookie sheet and flash freeze for a few hours. Put frozen muffins in a container or baggie. If using the frosting, mix and serve after the muffins have been defrosted.
1 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened, 5 tablespoons butter, softened, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
Beat the ingredients until smooth, about 5 minutes.
You can see Tammy’s post from Creative K Kids about
how to make a Cupcake Bunny Cake HERE.
You can follow us on Pinterest HERE and link up your own Easter or spring posts below on the linky! We will leave this linky open until Easter! We’ll try to pin your posts to our board!
We would love it if you grabbed our button, but you don’t have to!